World Association for Vedic Studies : Extension Lectures
WAVES has been arranging and supporting visits of Western academics to India and vice-versa. To mention a couple of recent such events, we have:
- Professor Albrecht Wezler, Humburg, Germany visited India gave a talk at the University of Delhi, March 2000.
- Professor M. Narsimhachari, Chairman, Department of Sanskrit, University of Madras, lectures at Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA, Nazareth College, Rochester and Drew University, as follows:
- September 25, 2000: Vedas and Vedantas: Seers, Sages and Scholars in Indian Philosophy.
- September 27, 2000: India's Epics: Mahabharat, Ramayan and the Construction of Hinduism.
- September 29, 2000: The Sacred and Profane in Indian Poetry: Classical Sanskrit Literature and South Indian Devotional Poetry.
- Professor Andre Couture, Faculty de Theology and Religious Sciences, University of Laval, Quebec, Canada, in Delhi on November 4, 2000, spoke on Observations on the word Avatara as a Designation for the Manifestations of Vishnu.
- Professor Shiva G. Bajpai, Professor of History, University of California, April 21, 2001: Spoke on India & World Civilization.
- Professor Subhash Kak, Louisiana State Uni., Baton Rouge, USA: June 8, 2001: Recent Researches on India.
- Dr. Koenraad Elst, of Catholic Uni., Belgium, Oct 30, 200; Spoke on Linguistic Aspects of the Aryan Invasion Debate.
- Mr. Michel Danino, November 24, 2001, spoke on Indus Valley Civilization & the Indian Continuum.